Friday, August 8, 2008

Do your part (part two)

Do your part
Every one should do their part to help out. At constitution high kids are being graded on their community service. Every kid had to fifteen hours of individual service and a group project such as Franks for Frankie.
For my 15 hours I did more than one service. My first service is I watch my cousin every Sunday for 3 hours. He is autistic which can make it tricky. This is a service to my family.
When he first arrives he smacks his lips and says mm. I say, “Your hungry “and he says “yeah” he walks over to the fridge and gets out the bread then he goes to the pantry and gets out the peanut butter. He doe s this every time it is part of his routine. He always has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (He eats even if he has just had a large breakfast.) He then usually unloads the toy box we have in the living room over and over again. He touches and feels the toys pressing the buttons that make sounds. Occasionally He will watch either The Red Balloon or home videos of my sister’s birthday. He gets excited when the candles are blown out he blows out the candles as well.
In the fall he likes to walk around the block. In the spring he plays on our hammock. In the summer he plays with the hose. I’ve had my hard times when he has a major meltdown about something he doesn’t quite understand or he can’t communicate what’s bothering him. In the end it’s fixed I love him no matter what.

No comments: